Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!


I love Christmas. It is my favorite time of year (as it is for many). Our Christmas was peaceful and very enjoyable this year. We stayed home and relaxed. Rob's family stayed with us (and they are still here) it has been perfect. I have been preparing a Relief Society lesson on Mary all week and it has given me the unique opportunity to truly reflect on our Savior's birth.


"At the beginning of each Christmas season, our thoughts turn to the birth of the Savior. For believers, Christ’s birth and death are the two greatest events in the history of the earth or, for that matter, eternity" (Marion G. Romney)


On Sunday our Primary prepared a wonderful program for the children an it enabled my kids to "feel the spirit". Halle told me all about it when she got home. (Thank you to all involved) They were able to give "gifts" to baby Jesus. Halle wrote that she would give Him "love" and Mya gave him "milk" :) So cute!


I was spoiled (as always) and the kids were too. I got lots of cake decorating supplies -which I am truly excited about. I also got new straightener (Chi) and an orbital jig saw with a laser :) watch out girls- I have a power tool :) Mya got a tool set too. She LOVES it. Robs parents got us a Wii- so we have been wasting time. All in all it has been a truly NICE Christmas.
I hope your Christmas was great too--
Tell me about it...

1 comments:

Melissa Cheney said...

Sounds like a fabulous Christmas, Amy! I loved the primary Christmas presentation the kids did! Sam and I had the awesome opportunity of being Mary and Joseph and hearing all the gifts the kids gave to the baby Jesus. It was SO sweet!! I'm actually back in the blogging swing again (well sorta--I posted a week and a half ago), and I'll be bloggin' about our Christmas today or tomorrow. Can't wait for your lesson on Mary tomorrow. Oh darn it! I just remembered that I'm subbing in Primary! Well, good luck and I know you'll do an outstanding job, as always!!