Saturday, January 23, 2010

seems so long ago...

December was such a crazy-busy month. I am always busy in December but this year I had a million projects planned and carried out that made it extra busy. We tried to make sure it was good for the kids too. And we all had a great month. My good friend Kim made me the cutest little paper December advent calendar that had family activity ideas to carry out. We tried to do all of them. (missed a few though) One of them was breakfast in bed. Now my cute kids have brought me breakfast in bed (every Mother's Day) but Rob and I had never brought THEM breakfast in bed- so it was really fun to switch roles.


They LOVED it. :) Note to self- do this again sometime soon.


Christmas Sunday (the Sunday before Christmas) we ALWAYS have some sort of matching outfits. I know- totally cheesy to most people but I completely look forward to it and usually plan months in advance. I love getting my girls all dressed up and usually Rob and Jax are good sports about it too. (We do this for Easter as well). This year my outfit was not coming together well and I ended up making a skirt literally hours before I wore it to church. But it turned out great- i have never made a skirt without a pattern before. If you look close you can see it.

I made my VT sisters and my sisters-in-law/sister Wendy these gloves for Christmas and the bookmarks too.


My gingerbread house this year had a light inside it for the 1st time ever. That was fun. You can't really see but I made santa and his sack out of fondant and he is on top of the house.

Another house I made at my mom's (we make one every year at her house) It was a blast to visit with Wendy and Abby and let our creativity go.

Christmas Eve was at our house this year- not all the family could make it, but here are some of my cute nieces/nephews.

tradition- matching jammies



Except for Rob- who does not like jammies :)

This year I made matching jammies for my girls and their American girl dolls They loved that- it was a fun surprise because they always know they are going to get jammies- but the doll ones were a surprise.
We had such a great Christmas and New Years. We love our family and friends. We feel so blessed to have such great people in our lives. We missed our Candian family SOOO much though.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love all the photos...its okay to play catch up. I love your matching pjs too - they are so cute! And thanks for the gloves and book mark - love them both! You're awesome!

Suz said...

Love the update for Christmas and we sure miss you guys too. You are so creative Amy, but I'm pretty sure that I'm a sister in law and didn't get a pair of those gloves!? :) Love the gingerbread houses, especially the one with Santa on the roof.

abby said...

such great pictures. christmas was awesome. we miss you guys so much!

Wendy said...

Hmm ... gloves? ;-) J/K

Amy said...

Sorry Wendy- I will bring them this weekend. Suz- I am sorry- I should have mailed them. You know how scatterbrained I am....