Well- It was quite the day (on Sunday). We started church early yesterday (which I loved). I made the mistake of curling Mya's hair. We got home and she was complaining about how much she hated her hair like that so I told her to go get me a brush and we would comb it out and put a barrette in it. So she left and came back with her hair brushed and a barrette and a mullet on the left side of her head. She decided she hated the curls so much that she would cut them off. Yeah- Just in time for Christmas. Her hair was just growing out from the last time she cut it. AUGH!!!!! I am NO match for Mya! I wanted to cry.
After the drama we began to assemble our gingerbread houses. We of course made a wicked mess. I let the three kids go to town with their own candies and frosting. They had a blast. I had made each of their houses out of gingerbread (which took me most of the day on Saturday). Jax and Halle put so much candy on their roofs that they were too heavy. So we used graham crackers instead. Lots of work- not sure if it was worth it. I'll ask the kids :) I used a plastic $1 tablecloth under it all so I could roll it up and throw it all away. It was worth the $1!
And then later we caught Mya rubbing ice on Lucy's head. When we inquired, Mya informed us that she accidently hurt Lucy (there was a small cut on her head)-- so she was icing it.
I think I need a nap! I'll have to post the photos of the gingerbread houses later- I can't find the camera cord. Dang it all. :)
provo city center temple
12 years ago


2 comments:
You are right. Wow. :)
It takes quite a mom just to attempt that kind of project with their young kids.
I would've nearly cried too, if my child had cut her hair.
Some days are just harder than others.
I think you are a great mom to be doing gingerbread houses. We've done them maybe twice. The kids always want to and I always fear Christmas because of them. ;-)
Post a Comment