Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One Hail of a storm

Monday we had a hail storm and in one fell swoop it killed my flowers, put massive holes in my beautiful hydrangea bushes and killed all my zuchinni plants.


Sigh.....

9 comments:

Diana said...

Nice play on words:) My kids were lovin the storm - sorry it caused so much damage. Your garden has been just like your baby. Hang in there - look on the bright side at least it didn't damage the peanut plant:) I am curious to see how they turn out. BTW do you have anymore straws???

Sara said...

Our plants survived, surprisingly. Part of our pumpkin plant was shredded, and some tomatoes were damaged, but I think we were lucky. Our new tree, on the other hand, is lucky it's fall since it's going to lose what's remaining of its leaves soon. What crazy weather!

Alycia said...

sorry about your plants - if you ever want any zucchini - we have it coming out of our ears!!!

Amy said...

Diana- yes- my play on words is a little irreverant. And- I am lucky that we saved the peanut plant :)
Alycia- i would love some zucchinni- are you feeling up to getting together? What' your due date?
Sara- you have a pumpkin plant? awesome.

Jenny Kapp said...

The storm left a sinking feeling in my heart that winter is a little too close for comfort!

Suz said...

That was such a crazy storm and so sad about all your flowers!! Did I leave my new socks in that BR bag? I can't find them!!

Nicole said...

Was that crazy or what? My kids were loving it but our cars were outside so that worried me a little.

Wendy said...

Oh no! I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Yes Suz- I discovered the socks today- Bummer!