It's so fun to look back and see past photos. You can click on these photos to see them larger. They are pretty funny.
Our First Halloween 1999- No kidlets. I sculpted Frankenstein onto the pumpkin with clay and then painted it.
Jax's 1st Halloween. Cute Brigham put spider rings on Jax while he slept :)
I was preggo with Halle at the time (2001)
These last three photos are of 2003. It is a wonder that Rob didn't leave me after I made him be Mr. Potato Head. I am a complete lune.
Halloween 2004 Star Wars Episode II-- Rob and I took a break this year (from dressing up) because I was having contractions daily. On the 3oth I "broke" my foot (stress fracture) I had Mya less than a week later- walking into the hospital on crutches. 
Mya made the cutest bride of Frankenstein! :) We had fun with the pumpkin carving that year too.




12 comments:
I laughed so hard while looking at all those pictures. The Mr. and Mrs. potatoe head are seriously the best!! I absolutely love all of your ideas...it's so hard to believe how fast time flies and how fast the kids grow up. I look forward to seeing this years pics.
I think my favorite one is when you guys were characters from Annie. You could have one a major contest with that one.
Rob doesn't even look like himself when he was Frankenstein. Man, Amy, I think you could have a costume biz if you wanted to. Along with a cake biz.
You guys are king/queen of Halloween dress up!! The only year I remember Will and I really dressing up was the year we wore your Fred and Wilma costumes. And I'm pretty sure we won the best costume prize that night. (amongst about 20 couples.) You've got serious talent!! :)
d
Oooh! I am blushing. You are too kind. I appreciate the compliments Wendy, Debi, Suz.
I was laughing as I looked back at all the photos. The Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head made me laugh the hardest. Seriously crazy. Rob has bad memories of that one. :) I told him we should be Shrek and Fiona next year and he was not happy. He said- oh yeah- I have to be Shrek and you get to be Fiona! He He-- I won't make him be Shrek.
My fave costume though, was Mya as Bride of Frankenstein. I think she looked so cute. she reminds me of lucy in those photos.
I don't even know where to start. First of all...who knew Rob had hair?
I think Halle as Padame was the cutest. Maybe it was her cute little face in that costume.
Those pictures are all so much fun! Most made me laugh out loud. I love Rob as Daddy Warbucks and the rest of the cast. Such cute ideas! Amy you rock!
Ahh Halloween past, you really are the queen! You are a dead ringer for Sarah Palin! I wish we were there to celebrate with you!!
Hi Amy--
I loved looking at these! What's better than how incredible your costumes look is how awesome ya'll look in them! :) (Did I just say "ya'll... I guess I'm becoming more of a Texan than I thought!) SO FUN! Thanks for sharing! And your kids are just a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!! So fun to look at your blog and see all the neat things you do!
Last year, we did the family theme of the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. I was the bad witch with green paint all over my face with the ugly bumpy nose and quite honestly I hated it! I realized that it's not so fun looking especially ugly! It made me not even want to do anything this year! :)
Anyways...have a great Halloween!
Koni :)
Thanks guys...
Summer, I wish you could celebrate with us too- miss you.
Great costumes!! Rob is a good sport.
OK Amy Belle-I really want to do the MR. and MRS. Potato Head Costume next year was it hard to make?? I think I have Doug on board (do they really ever get a choice?) Funny story- the year before I married Doug, Rollene had a Halloween party and her, Leslie, Darrell and Jeff were Tellytubbies (spelling?) Jeff was thrilled- too funny-I've never come across the pictures. A really fun theme to do is Toy Story. Our whole family did that one year for the ward party. Rollene was a troll, Darrell was stinky pete, Doug and I were the army men(ALL GREEN) that was a mess! Leslie was LIttle bow Peep, we had a lamb, the little girl and some other things can't remember them all, but it was fun and we all won!! Just an idea. WOW- that was a novel!! I love all your costumes- Halloween is fun!! I so think you should do the shrek thing- come on Rob!!
Post a Comment