Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random stuff from the past weeks...AND BLOGGING CHALLENGE



Okay- so it has been awhile...

This is what has been going on...
FaKe nAiLs: I got gel nails and now I can't type worth a darn... i don't like them

DiSeAsE: I found out I have graves disease (which is not a grave disease :) It is basically an auto-immune disease where my body has beenj attacking my thyroid so we will remove it- or rather kill is with radioactive iodine on February 5th (day after my birthday and the day before Rob's) ...
I will be slightly radioactive and will have to stay away from Lucy for about 6 days. So I am going away for a few and then Rob/my mom will take over. I wish I could go somewhere fun- but it would be a shame to go by myself. So I will probably stay in a hotel in SLC or park city for a few days. As long as you are not preggo- you could join me :)

KrIsPy KrEmE: The day we found out Rob took me to Krispy Kreme (not sure why) ad the lady gave us our order for free-- crazy Huh? We ordered a dozen plain and she just gave them to us.... small favors- but so fun. So now I need to pay it forward ;)

started south beach diet- sort of... i've lost three pounds.

visited with family last week and that was fun. Blogging Challenge--- I am stARting a blogging challenge to jumpsart our Blogging World.
Rules-- have fun and blog lots-- extra points for
photos, do a Flashback Friday (at least once)... winner gets a valentine gift basket or a birthday cake-- your choice... Oh-- starting Monday Jan26- thru Monday Feb 9... Good Luck

12 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abby said...

yay! i'm glad you're blogging and not about to quit. if i had the money and no children i would be your hotel friend. that sounds like a nice break for you.

Anonymous said...

Did you finish the book? I found Lucy's binky.

d

Kim said...

Wow Amy...don't know where to start. I hope all goes well with your treatment. Good luck and prayin' for ya! Also, bravo on three pounds. That is awesome! And last, can I play??? I need something to keep me going...I feel blogged out. So I am ready to try your challenge! See ya at Book Club tomorrow.(?)

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

I always knew you had super powers! Radioactive! Sweet!

Blogging challenge accepted. I've been hanging back a bit since Ray's funeral.

Back in the saddle - buckle up!

Erin H said...

Amy, Good luck with your treatment, I hope things go well. Who needs a thyroid anyways - right? A forced vacation sounds nice, but I'm sure you'll miss being with Lucy. Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thanks for the blog challenge! :)

Suz said...

You know that I would be there in a second if I could!! If I were you I would hit up Park City for a couple days and at least then you could go outlet shopping...it's all about the shopping with me. ;) Love you and hope that everything goes well.

lindie said...

Sorry that you are having medical issues- I hope all goes well with you. It might be kind of nice to be ALL alone to read and just whatever you want to do. The whole blogging thing sounds like a blast!! I'm totally in!! i will be digging in my disgusting garage to find all my old, but oh so cool pictures!! Maybe of you who knows.

Amy said...

Thanks for the kind comments. It ia lame for me to be distressed about it because it isn't that big of a deal. It will all work out. I just hate the idea of having to be on a pill for the rest of my life-- Iliked that I had no prescriptions to right down when asked at the doctor's office. Not a one- but this is probably the beginning-- just braking me in for when I am seventy :)

I hope everyone joins the blogging challenge.

Jenny Kapp said...

My dad has graves disease. If there are any questions you want me to ask him, let me know. BTW it did really help him when they killed his pesky thyroid - energy returned especially. Sounds like a nice break anyways!

Alycia said...

Hey Amy - sorry about the Thyroid thing - your comment on prescriptions was funny:) Hey can Rob get you a discount??;)
Good luck with everything.

Alycia said...

It would be fun to go hang out with you while you're radioactive, but I don't think Brenna would think that was very fun:) Hey what's the worst that could happen? Would she grow an extra head? :)