Friday, March 13, 2009

On my mind

I know I should post photos- and I will (of Mexico {which was fabulous} and the last month of my life :) But right now I am consumed with stupid thyroid problems. I was in the normal range for about a week and I was feeling good. I could run and feel good (almost like I used to) when running. I felt that thrill that I could get back into running. My energy level was good too. It was great for about a week, maybe a week and a half. But since Monday- life has basically stunk. Not really because my life is great- my health sucks though. I have been dizzy, nauseated and exhausted- not to mention I cannot even think straight (and I am struggling with weight/though I barely eat anything). All of these lovely side effects are due to hypothyroidism. Which means that I will have to start my lifelong treatment of synthroid next week (or that is the plan depending on my blood test {Monday}). So now we wait, try medication- go back in and then up the dose and so one for about a year. I just hope the symptoms don't stick around. Excuse my French- but it is hell.

4 comments:

abby said...

oh shoot. i'm in a cursing mood today and i'm mentally cursing for you. i'm sorry. i'm glad you had a great vacation. let us know if we can do anything for you.

Jenny Kapp said...

I am sorry! That does stink! Once you get it in check you will start feeling better! You can do it!

Kim said...

Hang in there Amy! But I am sorry too and if there is anything I can do just holler! Really!!! I hope you can get feeling better soon!

Diana said...

Here's hoping today is a little better. Thanks again for Saturday:) Too be honest, I am a bit concerned when you get this all under control, because I already think you are superwomen and you run circles around us all. You never cease to amaze me. Good luck my friend, you are in my prayers.