Thursday, March 19, 2009

Still dreaming I'm in Mexico...

Okay- so here is the "Mexico Post" Finally got those pics loaded onto my computer- thought I would share them with you all. :) We had a dreamy time.

Front of view from the hotel


back view :) The beach was gorgeous!



Every piece of food that was brought to us was a work of art- seriously- like a 5 star restaurant every meal Pina Colada This was a swing at one of the restaurants and it was literally a place you could sit and eat at.
swimming with dolphins- that was AWESOME! They had awesome shows every night in our lobby or in the ballroom at our resort- so much fun In our resort lobby



They had these crazy "statues" at the mall that were real people completely spray painted- the guy above was hilarious. He would stand really still and you stop and look and assume it's a statue and then he would yell "boo" and scare the heck out of people. So funny.

Out for dinner... the drink was a Miami Vice


This is the view from our hotel room. The restaurant was one of 6- so it was great- lots of options for food. We had all inclusive- so we had drinks galore. There were beach/pool waitresses that would bring us drinks. we could have a had a new one every 10 minutes without lifting a finger. Pure luxury :)

One of the pools and you could look out over the beach

lunch at one of the restaurants our room Out and about in town- silly picture.
Didn't go there- but we laughed at the advertising

Some of our favorite employees at the Royal-- they seriously treat you like royalty. The shorter guy (Eme) even took a picture of us with his camera- maybe we left an impression on him too. :)
By this last day I was so ready to get back to my 4 babies; especially Lucy- I know she was missing me and I could not wait to hug her. And now Lucy ADORES me- Rob is no longer her fave- though she truly adores him- I think she finally adores me too. She is stuck to me like glue.
When we got home- Rob gave me a BEAUTIFUL ten year anniversary band. It had arrived (after being sized) while we were gone. I had suspicions about the whole thing so I hinted at the fact that I would love to be "surprised" in a sweet way. So he put it on top of a candle and wrote a beautiful message in a card about "light" , love, sweetness, etc. It all tied together with the candle. He is really such a sweet heart and his expression of affection won me over once again. Sorry to get all gushy- but I do adore him. I just want to share my joy in 10 years of near perfect bliss. :)

10 comments:

Suz said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a fantastic time. The pictures are amazing and it makes me want to go there sooo bad. You look amazing Amy!! You got so dark and all your clothes are super cute...love the shots of you on the beach with your red swimsuit and the purple swimsuit. Rob looks pretty good too!!

Love the ring as well...it's beautiful! It won't be long before I can see it in person.

Suz said...

Oh ya and did you get your nails done before you went or while you were there? I'd like to get mine done when I come down!!

Wendy said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time. :-) Happy Anniversary! :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics, Amy! Looks like an incredible trip--I'm so jealous! So glad you guys could go and spend some time reconnecting with each other. It's vital that we do that with our spouses, otherwise the every-day hum drum of our lives takes over.

Your anniv. trip has inspired me to get going on Sam and I's 15th anniv. trip next year. We're going to Hawaii--IF I get crackin' and schedule our time-share soon!

Thanks again for sharing your pictures and thoughts--you're such an awesome lady!

-Melissa

Erin H said...

Amy, looks like you had a wonderful time! Isn't it true that no matter how much fun you are having, that last day is killer to get home to your kids. Great pic's thanks for sharing.

abby said...

i am filled with (loving) jealousy!!! your trip looks amazing. so glad you got to go.

Diana said...

How did I miss this fun Mexico post? Now almost a week late- I am trying not to be jealious as I look outside at all the snow. I'm glad you had a great time, especially happy that you got to swim with Dolphins. That is an awesome experience.

Brooke said...

where did you get you white under thing for your swimsuit?

Kim said...

WOW! Love all the great pics...and Amy, seriously you look like a model! Glad you had such a great time and way to go Rob...love the ring!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Wow, how fun for you guys! Congrats on your 10 year too! You look really great, and such cute clothes!

P.S. I have the exact same purple VS tankini but you're way more modest than me, I wear it without the tank top underneath :o It's funny how we always seem to have some of the same clothes (I noticed we have the same b/w polka dot dress from Target)