Thursday, March 13, 2008

When was your last Tetanus shot??

So tonight we were repainting the girls pink wall for the guest bedroom. And I had a horrible experience. We have been organizing and cleaning trying to get the kids ready to move downstairs. You would not believe the things I found under Mya's bed- for one I found a nail and a screw. I threw them into a garbage sack and thought no more about it. But as I was walking out of their room (Lucy in my arms) I stepped on the nail. It went into my foot about
1 1/2 inches- no kidding- I was writhing in pain as I set Lucy gently on the ground and began to sob yelling to Rob- I pulled the nail out -oh it was gross. And with the nail in his hand Rob said was- "This went into your foot? When did you last get a tetanus shot?"

UPDATE: Holy Smokes I cannot walk!! This all happened right before bed last night and it was sore- but not unbearable- it felt a lot better once I had pulled the nail out. The this morning I woke up and got out of bed and -OH-MY-GOSH- it hurts so bad- I can't even really limp. Good timing- we have carpet coming today and we were planning on moving the kids down to the basement. I had so much I wanted to do today- Oh well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am worried for you. I really think it might be worth a phone call to the doctor you had with Jax to make sure you indeed did get a tetanus shot. That is scary stuff- and you can't walk???

It is completely in my nature to worry and over-analyze everything though. :)

Please cancel activity days!!
Debi

Nicole said...

That sucks. I step on at least three things a day. Usually it is some small toy that jams up into my foot. So far no nails, crossing my fingers. Hope it starts feeling better.

Amy said...

I did cancel activity days :) I went to the Health Department and got a tetanus shot just in case. I checked out tetanus and diptheria on the internet and found out that symptoms may not appear for 8 days (Rob was not sure) and we figured that 8 years may be too long anyway (even though it says 10) we just didn't want to take chances. But it is good to know that I am safe to step on nails for the next 10 years :)

I need to come up with better blog topics- i'll work on that next week. :)

Tiffany & Co. said...

Oh my gosh, that makes me cringe! So sorry that happened to you! I swear it's the little of injuries that cause the most torture and pain, too...good luck with the healing.

Jenny Kapp said...

Hey, if you need some strong arms without holy feet for the moving this weekend, SERIOUSLY - give me a call! We can definitely help!!!!

Suz said...

Amy that is terrible!! Hopefully you can get feeling better and it's not infected in any way. I wish that I could be there to help out.