We were fabulous friends from the start. I used to spend hours with her every day- well at least an hour. She helped me accomplish my goal of running a marathon (twice). We were close. Then we went through some rough times and I didn't feel like visiting. I was feeling low and out of sorts. Sometimes I would groan at the thought of even getting together. I was avoiding her very presence. I blamed it on my pregnancy- but that really isn't a good excuse. I came to the conclusion that I literally need her. So these last few months have been so much better. I have made an effort to visit and to reacquaint. It has been slow-going. We have so much to catch up on. But in the end- we will be close again. Someday we will again reach inseparability-- ok ok- I wouldn't go that far. But I am happy to have her living in my basement.





She has been begging me to get new shoes:



Which ones?


7 comments:
Love the post. I swear you must of taken a creative writing class and aced it. Fun to learn something new, I had no idea you ran two marathons. You are amazing!!!
You're so funny Amy!! Love the friendship post. I would for sure go with the Asics...I wear them all the time and just bought a new pair myself. New Balance are good, but not my fav and I'm not sure about the mizunos. Thanks for the bday present...I love the color...perfect!!
I've always loved my New Balance, and I know they are popular for runners.
I really like my Mizuno Wave Riders, too. But I'd have to admit I had less longterm discomfort with my NB.
I need to get back into exercising, too. It's been about a month now. I am so ashamed and disappointed.
PS. Talley got her passport!
Amy you crack me up! I need to have your friend meet my friend I think they might get along just fine! Maybe we could both start getting to know our old freinds better. Id like to blame it on pregnancy too but my baby is 3 so that wont work. Youve inspired me to get back to it with my old freind! LOL
You're so cute! I love all the colors you chose for your basement, it looks so nice. It's probably great to have a whole other floor. P.S. Like the blue shoes!
I must clarify - 2 half marathons :) But it was still a lot of running. Unfortunately- I am leaning more towards looks than comfort in my new shoes-- pathetic I know!
I think that you should go for the Yellow New Balance shoes...there the cuttiest and too you look good in yellow sooo your next race wear the yellow outfit and shoes would look cute....When do you plan too race again???
Post a Comment