Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mya's special recipe for delicious fudge sauce...

1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
7/8 cup of evaporated milk
2 Tbsp butter

Read instructions thoroughly:
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan- bring to a boil for 3 min. It should be perfect at this point. Then while mommy feeds Lucy in her room and dozes off for 15 minutes, add all ingredients readily available- for example, half a bottle of water, a cup or so of cocoa powder, the rest of the cube of butter, the rest of the evaporated milk. Mix it and mix it. Dip your hands into the chocolate sauce and suck the sauce off your fingers- to properly test the flavors. Whoa- might be a little overwhelming in the chocolate department. No matter- keep dipping those fingers in and rubbing it all over your face and shirt until mommy comes into the kitchen and discovers the master chef at work.

9 comments:

Sara said...

No pictures of her masterpiece? :) I'm curious whether you laughed, cried or yelled. Kids are such resourceful creatures, aren't they?

Sarah B said...

Ahhh! Motherhood is the TRUE test of patience. And, because Mya is still alive, you passed the test! Congrats.

The Close's Place said...

I'm with Sara, that would've made a great pic.

Amy said...

Yeah- I should have taken a picture of my chocolate covered Mya. And yeah- I got mad. I did not yell at her- though I wanted to- Rob wouldn't let me. He thought it was hilarious. :)

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

Oh how well the wheel of karma spins. How many mornings did I find you and (mostly) Wendy "brewing" or "cooking" something(s)?

Hat tip for not scolding/yelling. Top Chef and other such shows come to mind. When she publishes her first cook book, I have dibs on the Chili recipe - world famous.

Go Mya!

Suz said...

I would love to see pictures of that one. That reminds me when I went to the bathroom for all of like 2 minutes...came back and there was nailpolish all over your new chair. Oh sweet little Mya!!

Amy said...

Oh yes- the nail polish :)

and yeah- I think it was mostly Wendy- I just followed her commands :) I guess that is why she is such a great cook now.

summer said...

HEE HEE HEE! We have also tried peanut butter as lotion, a flour shower, and toss the egg...I think your patience is better than mine, but I laugh now!

Wendy said...

Good job Mya! :-)

I can say that 'cause I'm the aunt. If it has been one of my kids, I would have been mad, too. ;-)

Is that your fudge sauce recipe before May got a hold of it? Mom uses a different one. I use mom's. I'll try yours sometime.

Love ya!