Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm working on it...

I have never had the opportunity to really have a nursery- We have always lived in places where we couldn't paint the walls- and as students- we didn't have the money or space to provide a nursery for our babies. So Lucy is the lucky one. I probably put too much thought into her room because it is my one and only opportunity. So as a result- her room turned out a little eclectic. I am still not finished- but I wanted to share my work so far. If you look closely - you can see that it says LUCY -- on the opposite side of the blinds (from Lucy) I plan to paint something on canvas...

I got htis chair on KSL and refinished it (it was hideous enough to be free and rob thought it was so bad he threatened to throw it out-- but it goes to show what a little paint and effort will do to make a difference) I want to put an oval on the top of the chair and put a big "L" on it. So I am not quite done with the chair.


I also plan to make a quilt with this cute material my sister Wendy sent me. (Thanks Wendy)-- So my goal is to be fully finshed by Lucy's 1st birthday. :) Anyway- Lucy likes her room!

12 comments:

Sara said...

Amy,
You're very talented and creative! I'm impressed!

Suz said...

The room looks fabulous...I can see why Lucy loves it so much!!

Diana said...

Amazing... now I understand why you liked my red and white pok-a-dot dress:) Still need to get lucy and monson together for a crawling date.

Alycia said...

So cute!!!!

Koni Frost said...

Hi Amy Belle...
Thanks for commenting on my blog so now I have your blog.
I was just thinking about you the other day... I looked at Lindie's and Abbie & James' blogs this week and was wondering how you're doing. I loved looking at your blog! Your children are so beautiful and I love all your crafts and projects! Lucy's room is so cute. I love all your paint jobs and especially the polk-a-dots at the top! And you look beautiful, as always! :) Are you in UT????

Jenny Kapp said...

So amazing as always. You have such a fun creativeness about you! I need to learn to use KSL.com like you do - so cool!!

Sarah B said...

I love the clothes line idea. What a fun project. Lucky Lucy!

Nicole said...

Unbelievable Amy. Her room is so cute. Now you can come amd do mine.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Wow, impressive artwork. Did you paint that yourself? What a great theme for a little girl's room.

Amy said...

Thanks guys- yes, painted it myself. I really enjoy those crafty things. Koni- so good to hear from you- yes UT. We LOVE it here. We live in a great little town.

Anonymous said...

oh my. there is no end to your talent and beauty! It is so fun to do a nursery. I love peeking in on your beautifully full life:). Muy impressivo!

summer said...

Absolutely the cutest thing ever!! I am such a sucker for polka dots...you continue to amaze.