Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I didn't think any one was paying attention





Apparently I am irritating a few people with my boring blog (some people- I won't mention any names- have expressed disappointment). My lack of posts is- well let's face it- dull. So I plan to fix it. But bear with me- in my quest to remedy the situation I may just push everyone away for the opposite reason- too many boring posts. But I promise to bore away.

I am so basement-minded these days. As we are finishing up the basement I am spending way too much time searching for a vanity for the bathroom, flooring for the bathroom, and paint colors for all the walls. With all this being done I will be able to do a nursery for Lucy. Sadly, she is the first baby I have had the opportunity to do this with and so I am think I am putting way too much thought into it. I am just using Mya's old bedding but I want to paint the walls perfectly and add all those touches that will make Lucy's nursery the cutest. I have looked forward to this time for so long and now that it is here I feel slightly overwhelmed. Probably because I just want it to be great and it may just turn out ordinary. I can live with ordinary.
I am trying to convince Rob to do black and white tile in the bathroom. I think it would be fun. But Rob said we will get sick of it and will want to change it. So we will probably end up doing beige or taupe so it will match anything. So these are the things I am thinking of lately- other than the ordinary things like cleaning the house and taking care of the kids.

Enough for now- I promise to bore you some more tomorrow. :)

7 comments:

Suz said...

Oh come on...you could never bore any one!! I love reading your blog regardless of how boring you think it may be. That's exciting about all the fun projects you have on the go and it will be fun to see the end results.

Nicole said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I am so glad. Everytime I find someone new that has one I am so excited. I'll have to add you to my friend list if you don't mind. I always want to do different things when decorating and it drives Ben nuts. He likes to be safe and plain. Every once and a while I get him to let me do something out of his comfort zone. You just have to push really hard and sometimes some bribing is involved but if I get what I want in the end it is worth it.

abby said...

Can I put in my vote for the black and white tile? My sister Sarah just did that to her bathrooms. I love that look. And hooray for more posts!

jaclyn said...

i'd like to think that i had something to do with you updating your blog! see people are paying attention!!

Amy said...

Yeah- you were the name I wasn't going to mention Jaclyn. :) Nicole- you can add me to your friend list any day!

Wendy said...

Amy! You can never go wrong with black and white bathroom tiles. It's a classic. Go for it!

Sarah said...

I love our new black and white tile. Do it. It's a classic 40's look that has never gone out of style. You won't regret it.