Well we have all been so sick for the last week. Actually each of us have had a turn with the 24 hour flu. Nasty stuff! First Halle last Friday/Saturday, then Mya Sunday/Monday and part of Tuesday, Then Jax Monday/Tuesday and finally me Tuesday/Wednesday. EwwH! I was SOO sick. I have never been so sick in my life.
But on the positive side of it all- I realized a couple of things:
1. I am not sensitive enough to my kids when they are sick- from now on I drop everything and hold them. I know how wretched it is to be so sick now.
2. Halle is precious. I was laying in bed (dying) and she comes in with a piece of dry toast and a sports bottle full of soda and a straw for me. She is too sweet. I could have cried because I loved her so much at that moment.
3. Rob loves his little girls. He was so patient and loving to the girls as they threw up on their sheets (yet again) and as they had numorous bathroom experiences.
Oh and my jeans fit better- although I can think of better ways to lose weight.
Now that we are all better- I have to go wash sheets and scrub the toliets (again).
But on the positive side of it all- I realized a couple of things:
1. I am not sensitive enough to my kids when they are sick- from now on I drop everything and hold them. I know how wretched it is to be so sick now.
2. Halle is precious. I was laying in bed (dying) and she comes in with a piece of dry toast and a sports bottle full of soda and a straw for me. She is too sweet. I could have cried because I loved her so much at that moment.
3. Rob loves his little girls. He was so patient and loving to the girls as they threw up on their sheets (yet again) and as they had numorous bathroom experiences.
Oh and my jeans fit better- although I can think of better ways to lose weight.
Now that we are all better- I have to go wash sheets and scrub the toliets (again).



7 comments:
I am sorry you have been so sick!! That is my least favorite thing in the world. I hate my kids being sick, but when the mommy is sick, it's even worse!!
I think throwing up is the worst thing EVER! I'd rather have anything than that. I'm glad you're feeling better though. Hallie is so cute.
I'm sorry you guys were sick! And what a sweet family you have. ;-)
I am always filled with overpowering love when one of my kidlets shows compassion for me, too. :-)
Glad you are feeling better now.
That sucks! Sometimes when my kids get sick I'm tempted to put them all together and let them drink out of the same cup so they are all sick at the same time instead of all different times which is what ends up happening. I'd rather have three days of everyone throwing up then over a week of one kid being sick at a time and it is so exhasting trying to keep them away from each other so they don't get sick and it never ends up working in the end.
Amy--
So sorry you guys have been sick!! We've had some sort of bug at our house as well, but it's not the pukey kind. It's the high fever, achy body, lathargic bug that lasts for days and days. NOT fun. My sweet little Cameron was SO sick on his birthday Tuesday--so sad!!
Hang in there!!
I want a Halle.
I think my family catches things just by the mere mention of someone else being sick. How does that happen? :)
Debi
I'm sorry that you guys have had such a rough week, but good that it is passing!! After working for so long I sometimes wish that I could get sick, so I can stay home but then when it actually happens it's never fun. Halle - you are such a sweet little girl and thanks for taking care of your mom. I miss you!! :)
Post a Comment