Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday I get a little sideways

Wow- the highlight of Tuesday was this fabulous find:






I found it on KSL and the lady lived in South Weber (super lucky). This is a Lane Cedar chest that is 30 years old and I am telling you- it is in immaculate condition. It even has all the original tags and gaurantees and the key is still in the original envelope- never opened and still attched to the lid. Truly incredible. The colors and design are a perfect match for the girls room. And it was a steal- this lady must not have any idea how much it is worth because I swear it has to be worth about 10 times what we payed- if not more, with it's age and condition. I am scared though that Mya won't appreciate it :) For that matter- neither would Halle. Oh well- I am in love with it. It will be our new family heirloom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such luck on KSL, I swear! Next time I'm needing something I'm going to call you and have you hunt.

Did the play house end up red or blue? And how shocking is the yellow? Regrettably? Or no?

Debi

Amy said...

Maybe regrettably yellow- we are going to give it a chance with the carpet, etc. But we may be painting again in a few months :)
debi- i told rob as we were leaving the lady's house- "i can't wait to show debi" i called you when we got home but you were still at the temple.

Wendy said...

Amy that is so cute. It does match the girls' room amazingly well.

Jenny Kapp said...

Excellent find. I am jealous!! You can come visiting teaching any time on Friday. Tessa has an appointment in the late afternoon, so before that! Come whenever!