Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I need to vent

Okay-- I am going to be a jerk for five minutes.

I am thrilled to have Halle in dance. I anticipated an expensive costume for her big performance. But when I arrived at dance for our 15 min meeting on costumes-- I almost swallowed my tonsils when Mrs. Dance teacher anounced that not only was I paying for one $40 costume but 2 $40 dollars costumes-- and $8 tights. I was bugged to say the least-- I am cheap- I will admit it. I love to buy clothes for my kids but I buy cheap ones most of the time. $88 for a one time deal-- hmmm... Anyway- I got over it and was again looking forward to her dance recital. But today Halle brought home one of her costumes. It was ugly- I tried it on her-- it is about 2-3 sizes too big. I now have to alter the stupid thing that I paid $40 for. I will have to take it in about 1 1/2 inches on both sides and an inch in the crotch (Her dance teacher had ordered the size after she had taken Halle's measurements- I had nothing to do with choosing the size). So-- now I am thinking- I could have made the stupid thing for $10 and it would have been cuter.



Okay- done venting- going back to being nice again :)

8 comments:

The Close's Place said...

I was in dance recitals for about 13 years and never once had a decent costume. They are destined to be hidious and totally over priced.

Wendy said...

That is HIDEOUS! At least Halle's super cute face and personality will dress it up. I am sorry Amy!

jaclyn said...

okay, i would be mad as well... sophie is on a team,so she dances 2 times a week and i paid like $50.00 for 2 cute outfits that they wear for 2 competitions & a recital, for just a once a week class that's a crazy amount!

Anonymous said...

I will no longer complain about baseball cleats and that kind of thing...okay...I will. But I have to admit that your situation is far worse than any I've had! At least my boys love the 'stuff' we have to buy. That is a huge bummer. I'd be angry as well.

d

Tiffany & Co. said...

Ya, that's really annoying. I would complain! The one drawback of dancing...sorry!

Tiffany & Co. said...

Ya, that's really annoying. I would complain! The one drawback of dancing...sorry!

Nicole said...

We just rent Kennedy's thank goodness and some of them are actually pretty cute. So I guess I need to be thankful. I grew up dancing I have definitely had some ugly costumes. One of them had overalls involved as well. I should find the picture somewhere to show you.

Suz said...

The only thing that I'm sorry about is that the outfit is so ugly!! :) I'm sure that Halle looks adorable in it though...you'll have to film her recital and send it up!